We arrived at the client as a Project Finance Controller in a context of lockdown, so with very few interactions with the colleagues and having to learn processes and systems from home.
The team was quite deforced by many departures and maternity leave with an accelerated handover of only 2 days.
By trying to get, step by step, the right information from the right person, we started elaborating the puzzle and working on a more or less independent basis, focusing more and more on the daily tasks described below.
Our tasks and responsibilities were to:
• Participate in overall Project Management process jointly with Project Manager
• Be the main partner for the Financial Strategy success of the project
• Supervise, analyse and support for overall finance topics of the project
• Challenge and approve Project Financials
• Contribute effectively with the project initial setup (SAP project creation/parametrization, stakeholders’ meetings…)
• Prepare the budgeting and forecasting
• Manage and analyse costs, revenue and profitability
• Prepare timely forecasts for sales, costs, margin and cash
• Be responsible for the billing process and follow-up
• Support the finance teams in the monthly closing process and reporting Project financials in a suitable manner
• Analysis and follow-up of project cash-flow and project cash-curve